Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Thoracic disc prolapse surgery

Hi
I'm new to this forum although been reading a lot of posts. Last June I picked up a laundry basket and twisted causing extreme pain and neuropathy in my legs and feet and had to use a walker and crutches.

After numerous scans I eventually got diagnosed with a thoracic prolapsed disc and had an operation in Dec to remove all the bits and pieces of disc in my spine. This involved a thoracotomy.

since then the feeling and strength in my legs has improved dramatically although if I walk to far I still get some numbness. However I am still having significant pain in my lower back which mean heavy pain relieve medication. I've only been able to return to work for 20 hours a week and finding that hard.
I have wear an tear in my lumbar facets joints which I had injections for but this didn't help. I then had another MRI and the consultant has seen compression in my thoracic spine again caused by the enlarged ligaments now, so I am now going to get spinal decompression surgery. It is hoped this will help with my lower back pain but we don't know.

I don't know why I'm writing this probably to see if anyone out there has a similar story. I am finding things hard because I have 3 children 2-8 years old and my poor partner has had to deal with all of this and I feel so guilty.
I'm trying to think positive but finding it hard at the moment

Thanks
Diane
Thoracic disc graft t9 t 10 dec 2013
Spinal decompression t9 t10 sept 2014
advertisement