Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello all

Hello everyone, just wanted to start some where before posting all over asking bad questions (only dumb question is a question not asked!?) and such!!:)

Little about me.. Well. My name is Jonathan, I'm an 18 year old punk with all the answers but lots of problems i cant solve (okay maybe thats to vague of a description lol)

No really okay serious face for a moment ;), I'm Jonathan, 18, and I've had lower back pain (severe10/10 to minimal 1/10) for almost. A year almost now. I always have had little hiccups of problems with my back because i play hockey (goalie), soccer (goalie), and weight lift consistently to stay in shape which knots me up. I have had a couple visits to the MD, couple to the chiro, and even one to the acupuncturist. My pain resonates through my lower left back, down my left hip and into my left leg.

The chiro had me relax and ice/heat when using and said i had a disc problem no xrays etc. Just a test where he elevated my leg and straightened my foot (point toes away from head) then put them back at a 90 degree angle and saw that the 90degree cause pain whilst straight was lessened...

The MD put me on prescriptions that didn't help and told me to take it easy.

The acupuncture didn't help even though it was extremely relaxing and very enjoy able. But the crazy Chinese herbal supplement she put me on did. When that ran out i tried home remedies.. To no avail. Gave up for a while.

Recently, (1 week) i started taking 100% crystal MSM 2x daily 1/2 teaspoon each, along side a turmeric supplement, small dosage of fish oil (GNC brand capsules, i believe 300mg each), dehydrated garlic granules (aprox. 5grams daily), and about a cup of pure aloe vera juice. All for anti inflammatory effects and bodily support. It seemed on day 1 to help but not having enough time to really know. I have a chrio appointment scheduled for the following monday as its been acting up quite bad lately (Hence the new trial run of "drugs").

So anyways! Thats me. Its nice to introduce myself, and as you can tell im quite cheerful even for being in pain! So hello world!:)