Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

SIJoint Implants

CatsudaCCatsuda Posts: 1
edited 08/30/2014 - 6:03 AM in Sacroiliac (SI) Joint Problems
Hello to my fellow friends who have low back pain which could and most probably is your Sacroiliac and ilium joint. This is where your pelvis meets your tailbone.

I have had 6 injections in my lower spine and SI Joint. Orthopedics (most) ignore the SI Joint!!!!!!! So awful!

I was finally done with 3 Orthopedics so I began my own crusade to find a doctor who specialized in S I Joint education.

I found a recommended Neurosurgeon who was actually trained on this specific surgery through the SI Joint Infusion website.

He was amazing! I did not get any qualms about more pain shots or burning of the nerve ( which by the way are temporary). I live in St. Louis, Mo and EDITED knew from all I had been through and suffered! He recommended the minimal non- invasive surgery which only took an hour! He put three implants (titanium) between the two joints. When I woke I had no pain whatsoever and still don't! I am only 3 weeks post op! You do have to be on crutches for 3 weeks so scar tissue builds around them!

NO screws!!!!!! I am now off of the crutches and have my life back!

Investigate and advocate for yourself! Go to the EDITED research. There are videos of people and even a doctor who had this done and their testimonies! I even did a free webinar on this website by a doctor who is trying to get Orthopedics and other doctors on board since this is a HUGE problem! EDITED

Post edited by Sandi- Please see the forum rules at the link below for more information.
You agree not to post specific physician names or health care facilities , devices or product names on Spine-Health.com.
-You are not allowed to post advertisements or commercial solicitations, whether in the form of text links, banners or other methods.
Standards agreement and posting rules
Please note that Spine-Health reserves the right to edit any messages posted or submitted or e-mailed to the Company and use them for content on the website or in other company materials. No e-mail solicitation or advertising of other companies, products, services, health care facilities, web sites, or naming of health care professionals is permitted in the Spine-Health.com forums.

• I'm having the same surgery on the right side in a week. Also through the minimally invasive approach. I'm so happy to hear a success story and that it went well for you. thank you!
    Severe DDD in S1-T12. 5 disc herniations. 5 compression fractures. Had a 2 level lumbar fusion/decompression on June 12, 2013. L4-5 foraminotomy on Jan 8, 2014, Right SI fusion in Oct 2014. Scheduled for L4-5 fusion to existing fusion on Sept 28, 2015
  • This is the type of surgery I'm trying to get my insurer to cover. They cover it for patients in other states (go figure). I've been waiting for a year. So happy for your success and I feel optimistic that if I'm ever qualified, I'll have a good chance at some real relief. Congrats!
    L5-S1 fusion 2011, compression fracture T-12 (2012), torn labrums, SI joint dysfunction, bi-lateral trochanteric bursitis, facet arthropathy, spondylosis in discs L1 through L4, mild desiccated, and protrusion. Duration since symptoms began, 5 years.
  • bklooneybbklooney Posts: 1
    edited 04/27/2015 - 5:44 AM
    5 months post open with left SI Joint fusion. The surgeon said he was only able to insert 1 implant due to me being too small. I'm 5ft tall, 123 lbs which isn't abnormally small. 3 weeks Post open I saw my Dr for a follow-up exam. Everything looked fine, I had no pain for the first time in 3 years. I should've known better than to believe it when he said, go ahead and resume normal activity with no restrictions. I began to drive, clean , etc. I picked up a basket of laundry and felt intense pain. It's now more than 4 months and I'm back on heavy pain meds. I have an appt in a few weeks to see this Dr. I have no idea what to do. I think it was a bad call to use only one implant and bad advice to resume normal. I'm frustrated , depressed and admittedly scared.

Beverly L