Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Aquatic Therapy

Hello again fellow pain management survivors. Kind of a crappy day when I got the news that today was going to be my last day in aquatic therapy. Insurance won't cover any more visits.

• near you? The Y offers aqua therapy classes and other water excercise programs for around $ 5.00 per class.
  • I am going to start a class like this but I have to pay out of pocket it's not terribly expensive my question to you is Did you find relief with the therapy, and also how warm was the water? I've heard only Good things about aquatic therapy and my physical therapy has run out with my insurance so I need to substitute with another therapy. I'm sorry about your insurance running out. I think we should have unlimited therapy since it helps a lot with healing and strength.

ACDF C4-C7 5/13/2010. Synthetic Bone Graft Failed Fusion.
    PCF C4-C7 8/13/13. Rods and Screws Fused in 3 Months with Autograft.
    C6-C7 Spineous process Surgically Shaved Off 3/11/14.
  • I looked into this at our YMCA and it was $5.00 per session. The difference between the aqua therapy insurance pays for and the YMCA was the temperature of the water. At the aqua therapy pool, water was about 94 degrees. At the YMCA, they kept it at 84 degrees. For me, the 10 degree difference did make some difference in how loose my back felt. But, I have to say being able to just relax on swim noodles and let my back decompress felt pretty good.

Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2
  • I had spinal fusion over 3 years ago and still have the same pain I had before surgery. Could this be that the doctor gave me a bad diagnois
  • It's hard to say if a doctor gave you a bad diagnosis not being doctor's ourselves. He/she could have solved a problem identified by an MRI but it may not have been the actual pain generator. Your best bet would be to get a second opinion/examination by a different doctor and see what they say.
    Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2
  • I follow a program set up for me from a physio and go to my local pool. It's heated but not a warm water pool. I find I still get relief although not quite as much as a warm water pool. I live close by and am going every second day as I'm only 3 weeks post op from a L5 TLIF.

Microdiscectomy L5S1 January 2014
    Microdiscectomy L5S1 March 2014
    Fusion L5S1 11th August 2014
  • Hey all, thanks for the responses, Yes you guys are right. I called and one of my local YMCA and the one across town does have an indoor pool. Unfortunately, the one in my town closed in their indoor pool but the one about 16 miles away does have one. Its about $50/ month but until my disability is approved I can't start as we are short on funds and only one income from my wife but good to know it's there in a few months. SUSABEL.... YES! when I stepped in that pool the weightlessness and pressure on my back and legs just felt like it melted away. I do encourage you to try.
  • heck I know all the physical therapy aquatic exercises so I will just do it myself.