Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Surgery in 3 1/2 weeks!

Hi. I am 32 years old and am about to have a multi-level fusion (L3-L4 and L4-L5) ALIF & PLIF. I have experienced issues with my back since I was 18 years old. I have had multiple injections as well as nerve denervation. I have been in physical therapy for almost 6 years now. None of this has worked. I am very excited and optimistic about this surgery. I am hoping that this forum can be informative but also serve as a place to get support. My biggest struggle throughout all of these years has been the fact that people cannot relate. Some days I am totally normal (quite strong I might add) and others I cannot roll over in bed. I am not concerned about the physical toll this will take as I have built up quite the tolerance for pain. I am much more concerned about the emotional journey.

• Good luck to you with your surgery.

One thing I realized is that, no matter how well-prepared you think you are, you never know exactly how you are going to feel. I have always been a "tough chick", nothing ever kept me down. I flew through a discectomy and other minor surgeries. But this fusion threw me for a serious loop, and only now, and about 18 months, have I started to get back to "normal". So think good thoughts, and prepare yourself. And come here often for all the support you need!
  • I wouldn't advise to go throu internet and forums to search information like that. Most of the people that are here have problems after surgery and that is why they are here :)
    If you have recovered fully after surgery you dont bother to write about it- you just live your life :)
    You are gonna do fine!
  • Spiny_MaloneSSpiny_Malone Posts: 225
    edited 08/26/2014 - 3:15 PM
    The info is great (on this spine - health forum) . Wish I had those tips going into hospital. Ah well! All the best for a strong recovery!