Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

ESI and Facet Joint Injections at the same time

Hi all,

I'm scheduled for ESI and multi level Facet Joint Injections all at the same time on Sept 10th. I've had both individually, but not at the same time. Anyone out there had both done at the same time and if so, is it a double whammy or nothing but a thing? Typically with FJI's I'm back to work in a couple hours after the injections. I've had epidurals before, but honestly it was so long ago I don't remember how long it was till I felt like getting up and getting back to work.

Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2

• I believe it was Nick who had two of three types of injections at the same time. He had a thread here some weeks ago.
  • Nick_MurphyNNick_Murphy Posts: 171
    edited 08/29/2014 - 11:31 AM
    Keith / Sandi,

Yes I did post a thread previously about a triple whammy that I had back in July. I had Facet Joint, nerve Root block and a Caudal Epidural. These were all carried out under heavy anethsetic, in fact it felt very much like a general anethsetic for a short duration. I must confess it took me a few days to settle and a couple of weeks before I was back to work, however I've just come back today from seeing the surgeons registrar and looks as if another round of the same is going to be scheduled as I didn't receive very much benefit at all.

• Thanks for the info. Hopefully what they do to me will work along with not having much down time. Our sick leave policy at work has tightened up from what it was when I originally had surgery.

I hope the 2nd round for you works better than the first.

Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2
  • sandisandi Posts: 6,343
    edited 08/30/2014 - 4:28 AM
    I'm truly sorry that you didn't get much benefit after those injections. I hope that this time, they give you more relief than last.
    I hope yours go well as well. Both of you deserve some relief. Hang in there both of you.
  • Thanks Sandi / Keith, hope both of us get the desired relief, not sure what else might be suggested as the "next step" if these don't work, but hopefully no need to worry for now :-)