Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Why so much pain suddenly

DiscouragedDDiscouraged Posts: 1
edited 08/27/2014 - 7:20 AM in Fibromyalgia
I'm not sure I'm in the right forum but I'm looking for advice from real suffers. I'm a 33 y/o female who is healthy usually. I do suffer from anxiety in the past. About two months ago I fought a sore throat and cough for about three weeks. Nearing the end of what they called a viral infection, I got really sick with what I thought was a stomach bug. My body crashed. I was incredibly weak (perceived because I had no loss of strength) it felt like every part of my body hurt and my fatigue was very severe. Since that day I deal with awful pain, mostly in my low back, hips and legs. I also get it in my arms but not as bad. My legs are fatigued all the time and burn when I use them. Sleeping is almost impossible because of all different types of leg pain and restlessness is what it feels like. The muscles feel like they're very tight and it's painful. I've had bloodwork done which was normal and a back X-ray which I never got a call back, assuming no news was good news. I ended up at the hospital with pain and the Dr there said he believes the virus I had at onset of this May have attacked my system. I want to know if anyone has dealt with this and how to recover from it. I'm referred to a neurologist aswell. I'm usually a very active person but my body feels like it's inflammed all the time. Especially the back hips and legs. Any advice is appreciated. I'm doing physio, chiro and massage constantly. My chiro thinks it's an inflammation problem due to previous problem with isolated bouts of pain. To be clear I understand the rules of this site and though I haven't been diagnosed with fibro, I have felt it's a strong possibility as the years go on. I just wondered if something like a virus can trigger a flare?

• I suspect that it could, or it could be another autoimmune problem that was triggered by the virus.
    I would suggest perhaps a rheumotologist who might be better able to diagnose and rule out possible conditions that it may be.
  • When docs first suspected that I had fibromyalgia then tested me for a list of other things that can present in a similar way. I can't for the life of me remember what they were. I'm having one of 'those' days (weeks) I know that Lyme disease was on the list. It seemed pretty standard so you could ask your doc. I also had a trip to the rheumatologist for other tests.

Good Luck!
    Osteoarthritis & DDD.
This discussion has been closed.