Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Heads Up⇧ On Hydrocodone/Acetaminophen

Not sure this has been mentioned in any of the prior posts on the thread but I was informed by my NP at PM today that Hydro/Acet (Vicodin) is in the process of being "reclassified from Schedule III to Schedule II, further increasing controls on these opioid painkillers, with a potentially huge impact on providers and patients" by the FDA. I don't know what kind of impact this will have on patients' here in Massachusetts (I am keeping my fingers crossed, I shouldn't even have to be concerned about keeping my fingers crossed), and I feel for the patients' already traumatized by the never ending beauocracy. At some point and time there has got to be an alternative to the unfair practices instilled on us by people who have NO clue what it means to "walk in our shoes".
Misunderstanding, generalizations, under-educated populations of people who seem to rule with crazed media input as being the "know all" and "sky is falling" approach has got to change. I feel that the damage to us with CP will be further compound our physical and emotional state. As we all know, depression makes pain worse and an incessant gnawing pang of filling our medications is detrimental to our overall improvement and quality of life.....In my opinon anyway. We have so much to deal with already.

• It's all over the media here in KY as well. Just like everything else in this world, if there is an organized agenda, the media and politician's will do whatever is needed to further their agenda.

What they don't realize is that the people who abuse drugs and take them for recreation don't follow the law anyway. The new regulations will just make it harder on the law abiding patients. In a few months we will hear that heroin abuse and overdose is peaking again and we must panic to find a solution. Well, the solution is not one that they will want to hear or can tolerate. But bottom line the patients will be the ones to pay the price both monetarily and morally as pharmacies continue to snare at those who take the medication for it's intended purpose. Thank you, Media.
    Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2
  • the change in scheduling Hydrocodone products from Schedule III to schedule II. All it is doing is putting hydrocodone products into the same category as most of our other opiates. It means that there won't be refills allowed, and regular visits with your doctor are going to be required.
    As far as the increase in heroin deaths, we have been seeing that for months now, since the rules have gotten stricter, and the pharmacy record monitoring have swung into full gear.
    The bottom line is that those who are going to abuse drugs, are going to get them, one way or another, and regulating those of us with legitmate medical needs isn't working.
  • I was recently reading the CNN online articles on rising heroin deaths & prescription drug abuse (same old, same old) but I noticed that statements like, "Legitimate chronic pain patients are being caught in the cross-fire!" are now creeping into the reports. Is this a glimmer of light in the media propaganda?

Another interesting note... Have you seen the reports that overdoses have dropped 25% in the areas with legal prescription marijuana?

While I'm on the subject of the news... Did you see the first 3D printed spine was implanted in a Chinese kid? Fascinating!
    Osteoarthritis & DDD.
  • I have seen some of the reports mentioned. All except for the one about a 25% decrease in overdoses in states with marijuana.......that may or may not be related to the use of medical marijuana, but it is mostly conjecture at this point, the reduction in overdosage can't be attributed to laws allowing medical marijuana or if it is related to some other factor, such as pharmacy tracking or some other reason.