Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Week 24 is everyone coming on over?

lulusheartllulusheart Posts: 4,273
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:18 AM in Diet, Nutrition, Weight Loss
:) well is is the start of the new forum. waiting for everyone to come on over and say hello. how is everyone's week going? really a good week and i am hoping to post a loss this week! Jenny

• Jenny--couldn't figure out how to reply to your post yet without starting a new post. ---Mazy
  • I'm here. Having the same problem as Mazy. Trying to figure this out.
  • ewwwwww, I'm crashing my way round here too - just done a 6 course birthday dinner ............ not looking good for this week girls :(

But it was nice!
  • :( one meal is not going to end your week!!lol! put that in the past and start running towards Sunday. lose or gain i hope to see you there! Jenny
  • I am right here with you! You guys know me as sacrilizedinsc. That name was too long and also misspelled so now you can just call me pain! See you guys Sunday at weigh in.
    BTW- That farm close to my house that had the good strawberries now has blackberries! I could not resist making a blackberry cobbler and of course could not forego the vanilla ice cream! I am so weak when it comes to sweets! I froze the rest of the gallon though and am trying to make up for the cobbler in other ways. I actually put one of those 12X36 rubber pools up last week when I had the six year old and am finding that I am still using it for excersize after he is gone. A very worthwhile investment.
  • im in though jenny i ve increased my lyrica and i think i could eat a horse
  • Benji55, wow! it is not my imagination! i am on 300mg a day and feel hungry all the time! this is taking more will power than i can tell you! good luck now more than ever! Jenny
  • I'm here...still trying to fiqure new site out. Keep you posted on loss for next week.
  • I'll be weighing in on Sunday. I need motivation today!
    I'm just taking it one day at a time!---Mazy
  • Yikes! I just got on the scale, and I'm actually gaining weight! Despite the fact that I have really cut back.
    I haven't walked in a couple of days because of neck/
    shoulder pain. I need to stay away from the scale for
    sure! ---Mazy
  • yes jenny ive increased my lyrica as well as my appetite,scared 2 weigh myself,im going 2 go back to weightwatchers when i get back from holiday or else il b rolling up the aisle at my sisters wedding lol
  • }:) ok everyone! we are at a standstill, we are in the doldrums, we are stuck in a rut!!! we are letting go of our programs, we are reducing our exercise, we are not progressing with our weight goals. so don't worry this includes me, big time! is it time to rethink our programs? perhaps we need some type of boost to get us rejuvenated. are we getting and giving the the type of support that motivates us? maybe it is time to buckle down and not be satisfied with a "no weight gain/loss week." to really give each other a kick in the behind when we have week after week either staying the same or gaining! now i know we have some problems due to meds and the inability to do all our exercise regularly. these should not be barriers but merely obstacles we find our way around. when the exercise lessens, then so do the calories. it isn't pretty but it is the ONLY way for our programs to advance.i sm going to do alot of thinking this weekend. i know i have all of you for support and that is a big headstart alot of people don't have. Benji and i are dealing with Lyrica and it is one huge obstacle i am not going to let get in my way. why a month ago i lost 4 pounds in one week. i have lost a pound a week for awhile. so i am giving myself a pep talk! i am counting on you not to let my behaviour be acceptable. it might be time for us to bring out the whip just a bit!!! well i hope i haven't lost any friends over this! i care for you all so much and want us all to succeed. let me hear from your end! Jenny :)
  • your so right jenny,yes the lyrica has abig part in this weight gain but 4 me so does the bread i ve let increase bit by bit,i know when i cut out the bread i loss weight so it really should b a no brainer 4 me
  • :) Benji55, so bread is the culprit again! you are so brave to look and admit what you are doing wrong. to see what you need to correct. then the bread it is benji! NO MORE BREAD! let's take it one day at a time! it will all work out! i have faith in you! Jenny :)
  • Elaine and Jenny. No loss will be as bad as gaining from here on out! I just hope that it does not discourage some of us from posting at all with no loss.
  • painintheback, i just tried to give a pep talk much like mazy requested. i will be posting whether i stay the same, lose or gain. i surely hope everyone does the same. this was not meant to be a discouragement but a hip hip hooray, let's tweak our programs a bit and see where that gets us. come on now, this was meant for me and i hope others who need an extra boost!! this is not only about weight loss!! can we face the brave new world and post the truth girls and boys?i am going to lower my calorie intake to 1200, i am going to add in an extra exercise program when i can and i am keeping a food diary. so what can be done to get out of your ruts? for those of you loosing tell us some of your secrets! anyway, lets not be discouraged but energized to face our truths and post them!! Jenny :)
  • one 4 all and all 4 1.I think we al have been abit, there there don t worry if you ve gained,we need to find a balance though its hard as we don t want 2 b discouraging either.I know 4 sure i will have a big weight gain this week,then i m on holiday il try 2 take it easy on hols,once im back im heading to weightwatchers.im going 2 buy bagels this morning and NO BREAD
  • Tomorrow is weight-in and it isn't looking good for me... But I'm planning to turn another page tomorrow... New leaf on my plan... Look for Week 25... See you soon..
  • I counted myself lucky not to put on weight last week but I know this week is going to be different. I've had a great time with visitors, birthday meals, a trip to Dublin and more friends coming over for dinner tonight.

I'm not going to allow a 'diet' to rule my life but I am realistic and I know that I have to rein in it in inbetween times ........ you can have some cake but don't eat it!!

I'm starting to excercise again and this week I return to work ....... come on girls let's do it.
  • :) doof, i think you have the right idea! i saw you were returning to work. is that going to be a big deal for you? i mean are you ready? have you had enough recovery time? just concerned about all areas of your life, not just weight! Jenny
  • I don't know Jenny, I don't know if I'm better or not, I don't know if I'm going to improve any more, I don't know if this is as good as it gets, I don't know .......

I'm going to do a post elsewhere about this but hey 'who dares wins'!

This discussion has been closed.