Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Due for surgery in 5 days, git cough and a uti infection, will they cancel

Due surgery on Friday for a microdiscectomy ,,, had a cough for 4 days starting to clear up,,, but today I'm peeing blood so I've now got a water infection,, ring doctor in morning for antibiotics,,,, the question is will my surgery be cancelled,,, I'm having my pre op assesment on Tuesday so will mention it to them,,,,


  • RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 805
    You still have time to clear it up so if you have it under control and your cough pretty much disappears they will probably let it fly but I'm no doctor and we know they are all different so just wait and see.
    Good luck to you!
  • I hope so,,got 4 days to get antibiotics to sort it out for Friday,will see what my gp says in the morning,,, don't want my surgeon to cancel ,,,,
  • Tuesday and let them know. They may not want to go ahead with surgery until both the respiratory and urinary tract infections are gone.
    Having any infection prior to surgery, can make post op more inclined to develop infections since your immune system is low /compromised by the current infections and antibiotics.
  • and ask them what you should do.
  • Hi sandi thanks for that,,, I'm going to ring my gp in the morn for antibiotics,,, and still go for my ore op assessment on Tuesday has planned and tell them see what they say,,, trust me get infections when due for surgery just my luck,,,
Sign In or Register to comment.