Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

L3-L-5 decompression instrumentation fusion

KathieKKathie Posts: 1
edited 09/02/2014 - 2:55 AM in Chronic Pain

I have been in severe unrelenting pain for over three years. I have had every kind of treatment imaginable (i.e. injections, decompression therapy, physical therapy, etc.) I am finally at the point I have to have surgery. I just can't go on like this. The narcotics only give me minimal relief. I hate to think surgery is the only answer left but this is where I am. After three MRI's the surgeon at EDITED took a regular xray with me leaning forward and bending backwards. This is what really showed the severity of my condition (scoliosis, disc degeneration, arthritis) and the need for a fusion vs. a minimally invasive TLIF. I am scared. I don't want to think there is a chance the pain could be made worse. It is almost unbearable now. But what else can I do? I have to do something because my life has been on hold for three long years. I am 57 years of age and feel like I am 90. Everything I do on any physical level is with so much pain. I know I will have a morphine pump and was told I should be home in a few days. He told me my pain would be reduced by 90%!! That sounds wonderful to me! I would appreciate any feedback from others that have had this kind of surgery.
Thank you.

Post edited to remove medical facility name. Naming of specific physicians or practices, or medical facilities is not permitted on Spine Health.
Kathie Chipouras