Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Chronic neck pain for over a decade

Hi,

I wish I had looked at this forum years ago. I've been severe neck pain that radiate down to my arms and head constantly for over 10years. Limits what I can do even a computer job. Pain is more on L side and shifts onto R too.
All the doctors I saw only recommended pain management. But it's not mangeabke anymore. Decide to get to the bottom of it now with neurologists.
My recent MRI says more discs affected compared to 4years AFP. Am more worried now. Anyone had same issues and got surgery done? How is it now? Where should I start?

My primary care keeps saying not nerve pinching when MRI clearly says so. So does one neurologist I saw. I am planning to see a neurosurgeon.
Any recommendations on seeing another neurologist and same one I saw and request for clear explanation of pain?.

INDICATION: Radiculitis

COMPARISON: 9/28/2010

TECHNIQUE: MRI CERVICAL SPINE WO CONTRAST 3 Plane localizer, 3 mm sagittal
T1, 3 mm sagittal T2, 3mm axial 2D MERGE, 2.8mm axial 3D COSMIC.

REPORT: Alignment normal. Mild discogenic endplate marrow changes. The cervical
cord is normal in caliber and signal intensity. There is multilevel disc
desiccation with mild loss of disc height C5-6. Early endplate osteophyte
formation C4-5 and C5-6. Incidental mucosal thickening of the paranasal sinuses

Axial images:

C2-3: No central stenosis or neuroforaminal narrowing

C3-4: Trace disc-osteophyte complex without central stenosis. Minor
uncovertebral joint hypertrophy with trace if any bilateral neuroforaminal
narrowing

C4-5: Trace disc osteophyte complex without central stenosis. No significant
neuroforaminal narrowing

C5-6: Minor disc-osteophyte complex without central stenosis. Uncovertebral
joint hypertrophy with mild right and moderate left neuroforaminal narrowing.
Mild progression.

C6-7: No significant central stenosis. Uncovertebral joint hypertrophy with
moderate right and mild left neuroforaminal narrowing. Mild progression.

C7-T1: Trace disc-osteophyte complex No central stenosis or nerve neuroforaminal
narrowing

Impression:

IMPRESSION:
1. Multilevel mild spondylosis with some minor progression. This results in
varying degrees of neuroforaminal narrowing as described above.
advertisement

Comments