Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Radiofrequency ablation - help please!

I am having a repeat RFA in two days for SI joint pain and I'm panicking. I had two done four months ago in a different state and the doctor was wonderful. She used Propofol and I was out like a light. I don't remember a thing. The pain was worse for three days and then magically it disappeared. Now, four months later it has returned and we have moved to Chicago. It's a new doctor that says I can't be out for the procedure, only sedated. I'm scared. No, I'm panicking. I am very afraid of pain and needles. I'm afraid of the procedure and I'm afraid that I'm going to have a panic attack and embarrass myself. I have two year old twins and I'm struggling to manage them so the procedure must be done. I don't know how to get through this. Can anyone offer advice, help, encouragement, anything to calm me down and help get me in that door and on the table? Thank you so much. I can tolerate the pain after the procedure but I'm absolutely terrified of the pain from the procedure itself.

• The best options would be to contact the office and explain to the doctor your fears. Ask about the procedure being done under twilight anesthesia. If not, perhaps they can offer you some anti anxiety medication just prior to the procedure so between that and the sedation, you can get through it.