Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Sacralisation apparently

AniaKoalaAAniaKoala Posts: 1
edited 09/04/2014 - 4:30 AM in Sacroiliac (SI) Joint Problems
About 10 years ago I moved a heavy wardrobe and the next day felt lower back pain on one side. From then on it would sometimes happen again if slouching for 30 mins or carrying or lifting something. The pain appeared maybe twice a year at first and required me to stay immobile for about a day. As years go by it happens a lot more often and I cannot walk for up to three days. Sometimes I just wake up with it. I went to various doctors in the UK and found out this is something to live with, had some physiotherapy and X-rays. Turns out I was born with sacralisation L1 / S5 if I remember correctly, and moving the wardrobe was not the cause but rather brought the problem to the surface earlier. Afer extensive internet research I found out this sacralisation should not cause any pain at all. Let me say, when it happens, I cry. I tried 'walking it off' as apparently you should keep moving but that makes it worse and over the years I can say with confidence that only lying down and NOT MOVING for two days helps. I then wake up and everything is perfectly fine. It's hard to explain how a young (31) woman can one day be jumping up and down just fine and the next cry with pain if needs to sit up. There is no pain killer that helps.
Is there anything to be done, anything no one thought off, to prevent this from happening please? Thank you