Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hi! ACDF Surgery in September 2014

Hi, My name is Mary and I am having ACDF on C5 thru C7 on September 10th. I have a herniated disc c7 that is within the canal and goes laterally to the left and central. Most of my symptoms are from osteophytes pressing on my nerve roots. I am trying to get similar people to join this thread for support as in the surgery buddies however anyone with this condition is welcome to share their stories. I have read numerous ones and have gained much knowledge. I am on count down to the surgery. Today I am getting a PICC line placement for an iron infusion. I had Bariatric surgery in 2000 which left me with low iron and B12. I am wondering how this will affect the growth of the allografts that they are using. I managed to go from 375 to 173 over the years, so I am not drastically overweight any more. I work in the medical field of x-ray and ultrasound so I am familiar with what is done during the actual surgery. This makes me a little more anxious. I welcome anyone to join this forum.