Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I think I will Like this new set up!

jeauxbertjjeauxbert Posts: 953
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:18 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello fellow spineys!

My name is Jeauxbert, from South Louisiana. I have suffered with neck and back pain as well as an autoimmune disorder for about the last 8 years or so.

I am married with 3 boys (his will be 18 in August; mine made 16 in March and ours made 11 in January) and a full-time career in the Education department (I retired from the state from the Department of Social Services, specifically Disability Determinations), and it's totally different, but I love it.

At any rate - I have bulges and herniations from C2-3, C3-4, C4-5 with osteophyte, C5-6 with osteophyte and C6-7 with osteophyte - with C7 hemangioma pattern; Mild T2-3 disc bulge, Extensive narrowing at L5-S1 with end;plate marrow signal changes, scar tissue enhancement around the right S1 nerve root from previous hemilaminectomy (2/06); Circumferential osteophyte at L5-S1; L4-5 DIsc bulge with facet arthropathy and L1-2 Schmorl's node. I also have disc desiccation, narrowing at the L5-S1 level too. Just a mess!

Because I waited so long for my surgery in 2006 (I kept expecting to get better....) I have permanent nerve damage in my right leg... :(

I am taking MSContin twice a day; Oxycontin 3-4 times a day; Zanaflex twice a day and Ambien CR (15mg) at night to sleep.

I had been taking Cymbalta, Lyrica, Neurontin and Mobic but decided to stop them. The Neurontin, Cymbalta and Lyrica had adverse effects for me (headaches, confusion, depression....) and although the Mobic worked for me, I stopped it as well. I get real busy and forget to go to the pharmacy, and if I missed one day on the Mobic, I could not move. Even though I feel like I've been hit by a car every morning when I wake up, it was worse when I missed my anti-inflammatory med dose. Once you get to know me, you will understand that 90% of the time, I make no sense. :O

So, at any rate, that is my story. I can sympathize and certainly empathize with most of you.

I am also excited about the new website and look forward to figuring it out.

Wishing you all as many pain-free moments as possible....

This discussion has been closed.