Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Leg,foot,ankle pain.... How to cope while standing all day

C.ReeseHoogeCC.ReeseHooge Posts: 10
edited 09/05/2014 - 3:19 PM in Chronic Pain
I am a recent C3 C4 ACDF patient doing better but still feel stiffness. Also have a contusion on the cord at C3 - C4. The situation I have is lumbar and mild neuropathy. I just wondered if those with L4 L5 - S1 problems cope with trying to work standing on concrete 8 - 10 hours a day. I started 1 year or so ago with mild low back pain and now both legs (Right side the worse of the two), feet and ankles hurt me so bad I cant work without vicodin and muscle relaxer. I have had to leave work several times and any outside home related work is something I know I will suffer for 2 or 3 days after the fact.

My images are not that bad but I am serious when I say I cant stand sometime for the pain and driving a car in traffic I might as well pull over. The gas and brake kill my ankles and calves until I can hardly move them from cramping. The only findings are grade 1 to possible grade 2 anterior subluxation of L5 with respect to S1. Bilateral facet hypertrophy at L5-S1. Mild diffuse disc bulge at L4-L5 with associated bilateral facet and ligamentous hypertrophy causing narrowing of the L4 neural foramina bilaterally. I have looked these up and really don't understand how they can cause this much aggravation. Neuro says he thinks it most definitely is since the EMG stated radiculopathy in both legs.

I think I heard Sandy on here or someone state that sometime when you have a fusion there can be other places show up later. I assume this is true and the old saying when it rains it pours comes to mind. Back to Chiro, PT, and a round of steroid injections.

Do any of you with mild stenosis have this much pain???? How or what is there to alleviate some pain during working hours????
Thank you for listening!

• C.ReeseHoogeCC.ReeseHooge Posts: 10
    edited 09/09/2014 - 3:41 PM
    I am just wondering with what I have written above if anyone please can help with what they may use to help make it at work 8 hours. I have two daughters to support and college to take care of...... I am on the verge of filing for disability but just cant bring myself to do that. I believe in hard work and trying to work through pain but hands, feet, legs show nerve problems from EMG..... How long can you go telling yourself you can take the pain and ability to not do what you want at 42 Yrs old....