Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Fusion causing pain

Hey everyone,
I have had 2 cervical spine surgeries and have had severe pain since the first one but it got even worse after the second one. When I saw my neuro she said the bone wasn't fusing well or as she said "as thick" and should have been. I was just wondering if anyone else has heard this and whether that coul be causing my worsened pain?

• Hi H,
    Unfortunately, this is true. I've had one level fusion in neck in 2010 and the pain never got better, instead worse. The donor bone "refused" to fuse...... Had major lumbar surgery in 04/14 and it seems to be the same.......I don't smoke, was super active, healthy, prior to first surgery. People are just not all alike. Sending you healing energy, strength, and don't let thie condition define yourself and stop you from living. It's not easy...preaching to myself too.....but life is more than our illness, pain, etc. big hug to you, Lexi
  • Ask if you can get a bone growth stimulator. Also, if you are a smoker you will need to stop immediately. There are other threads on this site you may want to search tat has other things you can do to help bone growth.

Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2
  • then stability will be the consultant main priority not pain relief .some may experience some reduction in pain but most don't pain control is a minefield .there are many post on here about individuals experiences with pain control .{worth a read}