Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Natural fusion, L5 S1

towpenterttowpenter Posts: 4
edited 09/05/2014 - 4:20 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi, apparently my L5 S1 have fused on their own. My question is, is this the same as a fusion surgery? I've been seeking treatment for low back Pain for about 8 yrs. I have a very high pain tolerance and have been able to bull my way thru most episode's or flair ups. Can't do that anymore. Been thru pt, I have a pain mgt doc. Had radio ablation, and epidurals. This treatment has been satisfactory up to 3 wks ago when I experienced sciatica for first time. Unrelenting to bottom of my r foot. After 3 days, had another epidural. Moderate relief. Then did a sixteen hr shift on tow boat and then sciatic pain ramped up to holy smokes I can't walk, sit, or lie down to get relief. Went to very good chiro after 3 days suffering. She wanted xrays before touching me. Xray shows no fracture but R side is basically collapsed and fused. Next day pain doc does double epidural (w/xray) last night first full night sleep. Not pain free but down to about a 3 from 9-10. I'm going to follow up w/ chiro, but I've been reading here a lot about fusion of L5 S1. Wondering what my options are since I'm already "fused" thanks, sorry for the long story.