Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hi I'm new

My diagnosis is: I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia 30+ years ago. I had years of back pain then I had the surgery where they trim off the ruined discs. It did nothing that I could tell. I was taking 24 or so Advil a day with an occasional darvoscet (sp?) my general practitioner found out about the Advil & sent me to pain management. I thought everyone felt like I did. My pain management doctor worked with me & I had gotten to the point where I rejoined the gym. (I had always worked out or did some form of physical activity when the pain wasn't to severe.) 3 days after I joined the gym I was rear ended at an intersection. I had a spinal fusion & a little bit after that I had my first medtronic pain pump put in. (The young girl that had hit me had been in 3 prior accidents that month. I settled the lawsuit for $7000. They had all of the depositions, meetings etc out of town & I was not able to travel. I was horribly naive & when her ins. agent told me they would take care of me I actually believed him. I was a physical & mental mess by the time the mediator approached me with there 1st offer. I took it. I just wanted to be done, to get well & go back to my life. That was more than 12 years ago, I'm still waiting. My pain dr. told me once that for people with chronic pain, their world can shrink to the size of the ball in a ball point pen. It has. I cannot lay in 1 place long enough to sleep and my entire natural sleep patterns are ruined from living like this. After my last surgery my pain just kept getting worse & worse. By then my diagnosis was "failed back surgery syndrome". I refused anymore tests or procedures, why have tests if you are not going to have operation that they will inevitably recommended, right? My insurance changed & after 15 years I have had to change both my pain management and my general practitioner. (He had cared for me for approximately 10 years.) I have been with the medical people currently caring for me for about 2 years. It's ok. Not great, just ok. I don't think any doctor has the ability to be great anymore, they get approx 5 minutes to see patients that have usually waited for over an hour to see them. Then the insurance company further ties their hands by telling them what medications they can prescribe & insisting on pre-authorizations. for everything.
I recently agreed to an MRI, I have been getting more & more bent over & I am in so much pain that I am living off of pop tarts because that is about the amount of time I can stand up. My husband & daughter are very helpful but my they both have their own problems. The MRI diagnosis was spinal stenosis from scar tissue & another hurniated disc. I tried an epidural injection which I was so hoping would help, no such luck. I am seeing a neurosurgeon in 2 weeks. I don't have a choice, I am getting worse so fast. The only comfortable position I have is sitting with my upper body bent over with my elbows on my knees or squatting. The squatting is starting to be hard on my knees. I am heavier than any other time in my life other than the birth of my daughter. I am 5' 4.5" & I weigh around 155-160. Just about the only time I leave my home is for a doctor appointment. I also have hypothyroidism. I am 52 years old & female.
I think that about covers it. For anyone bored enough to read this, I have a few questions, I just thought I should lay out my info. This is the first time I have joined a site like this so I have never just laid it all out like this. It's kinda depressing.
So I guess there I am. I was probably supposed to put this in my account information, that is just a little too available. I hope this is ok.