Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Prolapsed disc help

Hey guys

I've been suffering from a prolapsed disc for around 7 to 8 months now. Its getting to the point now where I dont know what to do. I have had my MRI done and it showed L5 S1 of the prolapsed disc and about a month ago I had a ct guided epidural that did not work, I actually feel a lot worse than before. I got a letter from my Neruro surgeon suggesting surgery if I didn't get better but I'm still yet to see him.

I am 26 years old, have a full time job which I am struggling with. I want to know what else I can do before I see the specialst again. Physio was a waste of time for me I went for about three months... I want to exercise more than anything because I was into it before the prolapse, but im just too sore and too scared to start anything physical like that incase I make myself worse. I cant walk or stand for more than 5 - 10 minutes, sitting for prolonged periods is a struggle.. so yeah. Hoping to get some advice because noone around me understands enough to help.

Thanks in advance

• Most surgeons want patients to give conservative measures a fair trial before suggesting surgery, but in some cases, surgery is necessary.
    If the conservative measures haven't worked in these ensuing months, and your condition is worsening, rather than stabilizing or getting better, then there does come a point where postponing or delaying correcting the problem can have serious permanent repercussions.
    I would suggest that you return to the surgeon , have him re evaluate where you are, and what condition the disc is in, then discuss further options.