Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Last night my partner called me a liar..

... not about being in pain but about how much and said that it wasn't the reason I didn't want to go out, it was just that I was in a mood. I've obviously become so good at masking the pain that he didn't believe I was in the middle of a flare up caused by doing too much width him over the previous couple of days. I'm so hurt and upset.

• I'm sorry. I am in the midst of one myself , for the last several days, and I also have gotten too good at being able to mask it most of the time......Sometimes that backfires on us.
    I do think that a discussion with your partner about their calling you a liar is in order. That is never necessary nor is it appropriate for someone who loves you to do.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,842
    edited 09/09/2014 - 5:43 AM
    We want to mask our pain because we don't want everyone else to know how we feel at the moment. That avoids, questions, stories, how they fixed it, etc.

If we let our feelings out, then people may start to think we are whiners, just have pity parties, not really feel that bad but what the sympathy

There is a balance between the two. Gosh knows I have no clue on how to make that happen all the time! If anything, I let my wife know more about how I feel on a regular basis, but there are still times I masked that also

I dont know if there is a right or wrong answer here
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Thank you both. Ron, you hit the nail on the head regarding striking the balance. We've sorted it for the moment - hopefully I'll be better prepared for if it happens again.
  • SherrieSweetsSherrieSweets Posts: 10
    edited 09/17/2014 - 8:45 PM
    How hurtful. I simply cannot abide cruel name calling... Ratchel fratchen!!!!!

Post edited to remove inappropriate language...Liz spine-health moderator.. Please read the Forum rules

Sherrie Sweets