Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Cymbalta and Tramadol

kaydoh2014kkaydoh2014 Posts: 1
edited 09/10/2014 - 4:42 AM in Pain Medications
Does anyone know, when they're talking about serotonin syndrome, do they mean flat out do NOT take Tramadol ever when taking Cymbalta, or are they referring to regular users of both medications concurrently? Thanks in advance for any help :-D

• or the pharmacist. Drug interactions can be serious and lethal in some instances.
  • EnglishGirlEEnglishGirl Posts: 1,825
    edited 09/09/2014 - 6:38 AM
    I have all of my medications & suppliments saved in one of those online 'medication interaction' checkers. When I add a new med (prescription or natural) I add it just to make sure there's nothing that's been missed by my doc & pharmacist. I've had some terrible reactions to meds that others have no problems with & vise versa. We're all so different. Unfortunately there's trial & error in finding the best combination of meds for us. Always keep an eye on symptoms & contact your doc if anything doesn't seem right...
    Osteoarthritis & DDD.
  • I was told that I had a risk of serotonin syndrome when I was prescribed Tramadol while already taking 100mgs of Sertraline a day. I'm currently taking both without problem, but am mindful of this possibility.