Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Motorcyclist with slipped L5-S1 & Sciatica issues

Hi All-

This is for any motorcyclists in here that can share their rehab process or similar stories from non-motorcyclists. about 2-3 months ago I slipped a disc during deadlifts. an x-ray confirmed a minor herniation in L5-S1 (most common). During the first few weeks i had sciatica pain down to my right butt cheek. fast forward today and my lower back pain lingers but is not as noticeable anymore. I do not have sciatica related pain in normal day to day walking, sitting, etc. however, my main issue right now is my right calf muscle has lost a lot of strength and with proper body position on the motorcycle, during right hand turns it cannot hold my body weight anymore. it gets really sore and i have this sensation that it is about to cramp up (but never does) and eventually just hurts the more i continue my sessions during the day. im going to start rehabbing it but i wanted to know if anyone has had to overcome a similar situation and what their process was like. I really don't want to give up track riding and i am even looking into adapting my bp into something more manageable for my leg but would need professional advice/opinion before applying it.

minor herniation in L5-S1 with sciatica pain. right calf has lost it's strength and during proper BP begins to hurt and feels like it'll cramp but never does. looking for people who have overcome this and got back on the track to ride aggressively/competitively and how they did it