Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I guess we are all newbies!

J.J.GreyJJ.J.Grey Posts: 2,961
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:18 AM in New Member Introductions
I guess I should introduce myself again. Most of you know me as sacrilizedinsc. I hated that name so I decided to change it with the new software. Now everyone can just call me pain. I am 45 years old and my pain started 4 years ago. I woke up one morning and could not get out of bed without excruciating pain in my legs and lower back. Went to an Urgent Care where of course nothing was found on xrays except that I was sacralized at L5. Meaning that L5 was fused together with my tail bone. Since then I have been through chiros, PT, epidurals, facet blocks, rhizotomy, endoscopic microdiscectomy (annular tare) discogram and laser surgery. I had a radical discectomy at L3/L4 back in December 07 which did help with the sciatica but worsened my facet pain. I have been diagnosed with DDD and facet arthropathy and if advancements are not made soon in the medical treatment area of facet joints I suppose that I will have no choice but to undergo a fusion. I am trying to hold out until some advancements are made and I will hopefully have other options besides fusion. Meanwhile I wear a heavy duty backbrace and am trying to take some weight off. I am currently taking Methadone and Cymbalta along with occasional percocet and soma as needed. Probably the same old story to most of you as running the gamut to see what helps seems to be the going thing when it comes to problems and pain in the spinal area. Well, that's my story and I am sticking to it! LOL

This discussion has been closed.