Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Discrimination at work before/after surgery

Spondy44SSpondy44 Posts: 2
edited 09/11/2014 - 10:12 AM in Health Insurance Issues

I've had my second, major surgery, lumbar - fusion, laminectomy, etc. first one was few years back, ACDF ?? Spelling , remnant Myolopathy, chronic pain, from both operations among other side effects. I don't want to reveal too much, am afraid of being found out.

I've been harassed, retaliated against, mistreated, not gotten paid for time worked & document falsified, denied accommodations etc. it's pure Hell. Is anyone experiencing this? If, please email me, what are you doing, etc. I'm at wits end......and it's obvious I'm trying to be run off, but I'm not leaving!! They don't believe anything I say, ADA protection, call me a liar, and try to build case so they can fire me!

Thanks for any response!

• to hear about your difficulties at work. Have you tried to talk to your HR people? They should be able to give you advice.
    If you work for a very small business and you don't know to whom to turn to, call your county. Somebody should be able to direct you to the right person you can talk to. You deserve a more humane treatment. Good luck,

• HR dept not always helpful. Or not be able to assist. They too may be afraid of loosing their job, they go by the decisions of their manager.

A manager once told me: "it depends if I like the person, it is all about being personable and being liked. One can work their butts off but if the manager dislikes you or his / her job feels threatened, he /she will let you go" no matter what HR says.
    I have seen HR being let go because he/she followed policies and defended employees.

There are many different situations out there , one just has to know how to handle it and know that whatever decision made has either a good or disappointed outcome. Most of the time, if a negative situation is reported, realize that you may be let go. It is sad ..... People have less respect for each other nowadays as to years ago when a person is considered valuable, not just as a number.
    Thank you, CST
  • It sounds like you are working for a horrible employer. I haven't had surgery yet, but when that time comes, I hope that my employer will be understanding. They have asked if I would like a stand-up desk, but at this point for me, I don't think one would help much. I try to take frequent walks, and I have a letter from my doctor that basically says I need to lie down frequently (but I haven't used it yet).

If your employer has not done anything to help accommodate your situation, I would say that that is a horrible employer.