Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Help deciphering MRI report

CharlesintexasCCharlesintexas Posts: 1
edited 09/11/2014 - 2:41 PM in Lower Back Pain
Hello to everyone! I have been a long time back pain sufferer and finally went to my GP to have my back checked out. I have not been able to walk very well lately so I figured it was time to get serious about this. I had an MRI w/o contrast and I am having trouble figuring out what all of this medical terminology, written in the report, boils down to. I know I hurt and my doctor gave me some pain medication plus prescribed physical therapy but I am curious as to what is actually happening in my back sine I was not really given much of an explanation. If anyone can help me figure out what all of this means then I would really be appreciative. I am going to type out exactly how the report reads. Here goes...

T1 and T2 sagittal sections are combined with T2 axial sequences. There is degenerative disc disease at L4-L5 and L5-S1.

L4-L5: Partial disc dehydration. Minimal broad based posterior disc bulging. No evidence of focal disc protrusion or extrusion. No evidence of foraminal stenosis.

L5-S1; Disc dehydration. Intervertebral disc space narrowing. Small superior endplate Schmorl node at S1. Broad based posterior central disc protrusion with probable annulus tear. This is contained under the posterior longitudinal ligament. There is no evidence of foraminal involvement or migrating disc.

Disc levels from T12-L4 are normal. There is an additional small endplate Schmorl node involving the supperior endplate of L1.

There is no evidence of dural based mass. The conus medullaris has a normal appearance. The terminal thecal sac has a normal appearance.

No one is qualified to give you any information regarding your MRI. It is against the forum rules to ask for, or to provide information regarding medical test results. That information needs to come from your doctor.
5.13 You agree not to ask for any analysis or interpretation of diagnostic tests (ie MRI, CTScans, EMG, etc.),
5.14 You agree not to respond to any request for analysis of diagnostic tests (ie MRI, CTScans, EMG, etc.)