I'm 23, 6'3, 200 lbs, highly active and about a year ago, I noticed something off but not painful in my lower back. Then one day, I tried to perform a power clean, and all the pain just rushed in like something snapped. I have no insurance, so I did as much as I could to fix the problem. I got an x-ray and an mri, but all that was seen was a "slight" bulging disc at l5. I received injections at l5, and there was no relief at all.
It's been a year now, and I can barely walk on a good day. I use crutches to get around. I have a friend that's a spine specialist I see once a week that does chiropractic manipulations and physical therapy for free, but we aren't seeming to make any progress. These are my symptoms:
1. A deep, dull pain that radiates throughout my lower back and into my buttock on my left side. The pain never goes below the knee.
2. Sitting and standing are impossible. Even laying down causes pain. I sleep maybe a few hours a night. I can't sleep on my side because of the pain, so I sleep on my back for as long as I can before the pain becomes too much to bear. Then, I lay in a child's pose position with a stack of pillows supporting my body until my knees begin to bother me. I rotate between these two positions all night and grab as much sleep as I can. If I need to get out of bed, I can't just get up. I have to be in child's pose with the pillows for about an hour before I can move.
3. Coughing and sneezing causes so much pain, I don't even know how to describe it.
4. Sometimes, I get a tingly feeling that will travel all the way to my foot, but it isn't painful. Again, this is only on my left side.
5. Twisting doesn't bother me. However, both extension and flexion cause severe pain, with extension being worse.
6. Lowering my head (chin to chest) causes all the same pain.
7. Sometimes, when touched on my left side near the l5 facet joint, I feel pain, but it has to be pressed hard.
8. Any activity at all makes it worse. It seems only rest has any results, but like in my sleep, I can't stay in one position for too long.
I've done so much google research and listened to my friend. At first, we considered SI joint problems, but my sacrum is lining up fine, as well as my lumbar spine and still nothing. We've recently started thinking maybe I have issues with the l5 facet joint, but the treatment is showing no results. So now, I'm considering the possibility of a stress fracture of my pars interarticularis. However, I can't seem to find anything on the internet or one other person that describes my symptoms perfectly. I have a very high pain tolerance, so I'm not exaggerating. However, I can't seem to find anyone else that can't walk because of the pain. I have been dealing with this for over a year and have been on crutches for about 6 months. My will is finally breaking in desperation. Somebody please help me. I can't even work a job that doesn't require some form of standing/sitting. I just want to know what this is, so I can finally know how to get rid of it.