Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Mobicox = Vioxx = cardiac disorder

treblejunkiettreblejunkie Posts: 2
edited 09/15/2014 - 9:01 PM in Pain Medications
I got hit by a speeding car in 1977...I ended up right femur broken, severe dislocation of left knee, broken left tibia, fractured pelvis at the right femur joint, fractured pelvis at the bottom vertebrae, fractured spine at the bottom vertebrae and a fractured skull. I can walk okay, ride a bicycle and can do anything anyone else can do, but I experience pain everyday. I was prescribed Mobicox, along with narcotic analgesics for decades. I started getting chest pains so bad, I thought I'd have a geart attack. My doctor did every test there is, and couldn't find out what was causing these pains.After personal research on the internet, I found out that Mobicox is a coxx2 inhibitor...same thing as Vioxx. Vioxx killed people and has class action law suits against the makers of it. Same thing goes for Mobicox. Pepsi = Coca-Cola, tomatoe = tomato. Same EDIT, different pile so to speak. After suggesting that Maybe this crap Mobicox, that never really did any damn thing to speak of anyway, is cxausing this. She paused with her back towards me for what seemed like a few minutes, then turned around and told me to just quit taking the Mobicox. After making sure I wouldn't get dope sick due to withdrawals, and I'd rather have a heart attack than go through dope sickness again...SERIOUSLY, I quit the Mobicox. Four days later the pains had gradually but completely disappeared forever. I should bill myself for diagnosing and prognosing my own self. I WISH. The moral of this story is, EDIT

Post edited to remove inappropriate language...Liz spine-health moderator.. Please read the Forum rules

• why did you continue to take it? Most of us, if a medication isn't helping or doesn't appear to be helping talk to our doctors and discuss not continuing the medication. I know that I have done that with a few different medications over my years in pain management.
    I don't want to take something that isn't beneficial , nor do I want to take more medications than I have to.