Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Tingling only. No pain

I have a herniation in L4/L5 and L5/S1. I had my MRI in Sept 2013 and with PT the symptoms went away until July of this year when I over exercised. Rarely do I ever have any pain, it's mainly tingling. I've started my PT again and I do my exercises at home. I'm just curious if anyone else just has the tingling and not the pain? Is this a "good" thing, or a "bad" thing? It does seem to be lessening, but it is still there.
I probably should add, I have severe anxiety, so I focus on this A LOT. It actually overwhelms me. The last thing I want is to have surgery on my back, ever.

• When I first started having symptoms from my current cervical foraminal stenosis, I only had tingling in one arm and hand. About four months later, I added severe pain to the tingling as well as some numbness in my left hand. I read somewhere that tingling and numbness are taken more seriously by the medical people than pain. I know is that it is a sign that a spinal nerve is being impinged upon, and that "squeezing" can eventually cause permanent damage.
  • I have the same issue. I have a herniated L5/S1 and for about 1 week I had sciatica to the point I could not sit down or stand for more than a few minutes. After stretching, icing, and some exercise work on my core, the pain went away completely. I still have tingling in my left foot, and a very weak calf muscle. Is this just a temporary condition, or will that go away eventually? I am afraid my lack of pain is giving me a false sense of recovery.

• I had back ache for few days then tingling and numbness down my leg and foot that's when I developed a foot drop this was 10 weeks ago,,, went hospital checked me over and they said it looks like a slipped disc,, and needed an mri scan,,, I never got that scan till 2 weeks after when I rang them and asked to be seen sooner has my appointment wasn't till 4 weeks later, when I was seen again I was sent straight for an mri has it was urgent due to my foot drop,, and was referred then to a different hospital to see a spinal surgeon, didn't get my results till I seen the surgeon 5 weeks since it happened,,,, I was told by him that it had been left to long and was now paralysed, I can still walk with crutches but will need a splint to wear soon,, I now needed surgery microdiscectomy for a large herniated disc L3/L4 done to relieve pain in leg,,, had that done 13 days ago,, my pain is not to bad now and my foot drop is still the same I still have the numbess on leg and foot,,,hopefully the surgeon is wrong and I start to get my foot back but it takes a long time for nerves to recover, see my surgeon again in a few weeks,,, take care