Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Im new to everything

Hi, my name is Mike and im 29 years old and I am new to all of this, forums, pain, support, everything. My unfortunate journey started over a year ago when I decided to have Gastric Bypass, I had always been a really big guy. The surgery was a success but also the start of my pain. 6 months after my first surgery, my Gallbladder went bad and had to be removed, and at that time my surgeon also found adhesions that he cut out and 2 hernias that needed repairing. Well about 5-7 months after I started experiencing pain, at first when I exercised, breathed heavily, stetched all in my right abdomen, side and right side of my back. Then the pain started getting worse, little things were causing it. Well after about 5 ER visits and multiple visits with my surgeon, neurologist, and PCP, I basically got sent to a pain doctor who finaly told me that all my test came back negative, blood test, ct scan, upper GI swallow, and that my adhesions had come back worse and something about scar tisue as well. I can not find any doctor that will operate to cut the adhesions because they all tell my that they will grow back and worse, my pain specialst even told me to expect the pain to get worse as my condition stands now. I feel like my life got flipped upside down overnight, no longer working, failing school and have found no help other than what I have read here, every pain support group listed in my area no longer exist. Sorry this is a little lengthy introduction, but that is me now. I ope I wrote this right and I look forward to hearing from you.