Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

fluid build up on spine

I just found out from a different doctor that I have fluid build up around my surgery area from 4 month ago. He suggested I contact my surgeon for the info I just found out from a new doctor as he looked at my MRI. Uncomfortable to say the least, but I was getting another opinion of my situation for my disability case. I'm wondering why this new doctor kinda made it seem like a pretty big deal but my surgeon who ordered the MRI didn't. Maybe the surgeon didn't see it? I doubt that. Maybe he saw it and just didn't tell me about it as its a normal thing to have 4 months after surgery. oh so many questions! I wonder if this fluid is causing all my new pain. Either way this situation sux as I feel day to day like I'm on my very own island of chronic pain searching the internet for pain relief. Any of you experience this "fluid" stuff after spinal fusion or laminectomy? Ive had both so please fire away!

Thanks in advance,

• by your surgeon for. Fluid four months after surgery may be a reason for concern. Please contact your surgeon.
  • I'm no Doctor, but the fluid could POSSIBLY be a result of normal healing and response to inflammation......

4 Level (C5-T2) Posterior Instrumented Fusion w/ Decompression (Car Accident in January 2014)
    And I can't forget that I'm not ashamed, to be the person that I am today.
  • Well I called the surgeon and he is aware of it and saw it in the mri .. The nurse told me it was stated in his notes. I do not know why he didn't tell me about this. Maybe he didn't want me to worry. Maybe this is normal. Whichever way I have another appointment with him in 2 months so I will find out. Thanks for info.
  • and is usually reabsorbed by the body over time, since the surgeon is aware of it, unless you are experiencing increasing symptoms, or new symptoms, he may have taken the wait and see if it reabsorbs on it's own approach .
  • I read somewhere that if it sits around too long, it can be become infected. Sandi is right.... He may be waiting to see what transpires. See what the next appointment brings and try not to worry too much in the interim.
    4 Level (C5-T2) Posterior Instrumented Fusion w/ Decompression (Car Accident in January 2014)
    And I can't forget that I'm not ashamed, to be the person that I am today.