Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

Post-Op Home Comforts

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,606
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:18 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
My wife is doing everything she can to help me through my upcoming surgery. But one thing neither of have any clue about is things around the house that will make my recovery easier.

Is there a *list* of items that you can share?

Thanks-
advertisement

Comments

• Hi Hawk,

I bet the other Spineys are better at the list, but these few hints made my hubby happy:

*A grabber ($10 from CVS)
    *A pillow to put between his legs
    *Items that you use at arm length (not up high so you have to reach)
    *Movies, Books, Puzzles
    * Those velcro walking shoes- to hard to bend down to tie.
    * Comfort food.
    * Raised toilet seat if you think you need one.
    * A matt or bar in the shower so you do not slip.

I hope this helps. I PM you because I changed my name when I went to this new site.

Smurf image

• Make that 2 grabbers because you will either forget where the one is or it will fall and you need the other grabber to grab it.

Smurf, you did a great job on that list.
  • advertisement
  • Thanks very much for the list. Perhaps it can be added to and stapled to the top for future use?
  • Hi Hawk,

I just PM-d you as I don't quite know how to navigate this site yet. I have such a list that is very comprehensive. If you want it, read my message in your PM, and take it from there.

Kin

P.S. Anybody, how do I have a PM by my own name? On the old site it was automatic. Thanks.

• Can you post that list? That would benefit more than just me.

Thanks-
  • advertisement
  • Kinpain,

You have a PM by your name, I was wondering the same thing about my name yesterday!

Mel
  • Also Hawk for the hospital you may want to bring antibacterial lotion and wipes to keep the nasties away. Trust me, this is coming from someone who got a staph infection and so did my hospital roommate!
  • 1 toilet riser
    2 grabber
    3 hospital bed (if your room is upstairs)
    4 2nd grabber
    5 books
    6 notepad & pen(use to keep track of meds or questions fo the Dr)

7 straws (its hard to sip reclined)
    8 plenty of pillows
    9 wet wipes
    10 shower chair

hope this helps
    andmost important a positive attitude that your heading for the healing side....good luck
  • Hey Mel,

When i see my postings there is no PM under it like on the old site. How on earth do you get it? Interestingly, I managed to get one message, but how is still a mystery to me. Could you help me out here? Also I would like to change the password they gave me, but that did not go through either. I would appreciate your advise.

Kin
  • Also, a walker, easy to slip on shoes, pants and/or shorts with a soft waistband, a cordless phone or cell phone, a sponge on a handle for bathing, and a laptop if you have one.
advertisement