Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Thoughts on continuing lumbar pain after multiple surgeries and L5-S1 fusion 5/21/14 looking for ans

Good morning Spine-Health forum members,
Looking for your thoughts on this. I met with my Neurosurgeon on coming up to post 4 month L5-S1 fusion. I had several other surgeries including a Microdisctomy ,Laminectomy x2( on two different surgeries), RFA,SCS all in the past two years. Since my fusion surgery I developed urinary incontienece in which my Surgeon referred me to a urologist. The urologist indicated that he felt it was surgically related. My Surgeon told me he spoke to the Urologist( who is also within the same HMO) and the Surgeon told me he said to the Urologist that it was in no way created by the surgery and he told me he asked the Urologist why he said that. His response was he said that he had nothing else to tell me what could be wrong.
I did see a Neurologist in July (outside the HMO group) and he reviewed all the films and had had it was Adhesive Arachnoidist. I did ask my Surgeon if he felt this could be and said no and that's very few people ever gets this. He had gone on to say that that term was used quite much and was the "craze" in the 90's. He had then gone on to say that if he had accidentally cut me somewhere to cause the urinary incontienece that he would have told me.
I asked him why I have so much pain still that it wakes me at night and I am lucky to get 2-3 hours a sleep at night. He said that the fusion looks great and that he may not have the answers and that I may have to live with it. He did schedule another MRI to look I the cervical area and another lumbar MRI along with a EMG this Friday to make sure nothing was missed When they did a reflex test, he did say that my reflex tests were abnormal. Currently ,my PT has held off on doing any more exercises until I saw my Surgeon. My Surgeon told me that I should start up again( it's been only a week since my last PT visit) and that I should push thorough it no matter how much it hurts. I don't have any issues with this and want to return to work as soon as possible as I am only 44 years old and just hate not working.Trust me, I do not want to have any more surgeries.
What are your thoughts about some of his statements. Sorry about venting, it's just getting old and not seeming to get anywhere.

• Just wanted to tell you to hang in there. Your about the same age as I am and let me tell you... We are too young to for these health issues! It sucks!
    I am sorry you are so frustrated with so much going on health wise. Back issues are so time consuming and painful. It leads your mind frame into negativity. In regards to your doctors, maybe you want to see a 3rd dr. Does not seem you are happy with the ones you have.. Scoop up all your films and reports and research your next dr.
    I hope your pain gets less.
    quiet wonder