Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Post Op L5 S1 Surgery

I had a l5 s1 microdisectomy/laminectomy on 8/13/2014 and am now about one month out. I am having some pain the left butt cheek and pulling on the outer part of the left leg when sitting. I am only working right now part time 5 hours a day but i sit all day. I get up every hour to walk and stretch and when i am walking i do not feel much pain at all. the worst seems to be sitting as it is putting pressure on the butt. The surgeon says that this is normal and that it is post op pain and will over time subside. I am also noticing that i am having slight ankle swelling and have pain on the bottom of my foot when i get home, however when i get up in the morning and have not moved around all day the pain is not there and wanted to know if this is normal and if anyone else has had this issue. This is not a fusion as they just took the herniated part of the disc out. I was told that this is all normal and that over time this will all go away. I noticed that my leg has been swelling and that at the end of the day after sitting all day that my foot hurts and so does my ankle. I have asked numerous times for another mri and they will not give one to me, Is all this pain normal after having surgery or should this be something that i need to be concerned about as i have been very careful with what i have been doing.