I'm hoping that some of you with pain pumps can answer some questions I have...
I had a really bad week, which involved a three day hospital stay to get my pain back under control. My doctors are now recommending I start considering a pain pump to control my pain. I like what I've read about them, but I've learned that the real stories come from people who have actually had them!!! Here are my questions:
- What made you decide to get a pain pump?
- How exactly does it work?
- What is the surgery like to have once placed?
- How long is the recovery from the surgery?
- How do they 'refill' the pump?
- Is it true that it sticks out from your skin?
- Are there any limitations to what you can do once you have a pump implanted?
Any other information that you can provide that you would have wanted to know when you were considering getting the pump would be much appreciated!