Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

2 Months Post-Op MicroD and feel great

I had my MicroD on July 15 and started to have my pain return around 3 weeks after the surgery. By the time I went back to see my OS for the six-week post-op check up the pain was getting very bad as I could not stand for more than a minute or two without having severe pain. The doctor suggested an MRI which I agreed was a good idea. The MRI report indicated a moderate disc bulge had formed post surgery with a build up of fluid. I was very disappointed and was certain the surgery had failed. I went back to work at 7 weeks post surgery and started on Gabapentin to relieve the pain. Standing in the shower was so painful I started using a shower chair. Suddenly, this week something incredible happened. My pain has almost disappeared. I am so happy and at the same time, amazed. I just wanted to share my story to give hope to others who may have experienced a return of painful symptoms following surgery. I go back to my doctor next week and can't week to report my surgery turned out to be a success!
microdiscectomy 7-2014

• I'd love to see you older posts before you had your surgery but I don't know how..
  • Debbied67DDebbied67 Posts: 100
    edited 09/19/2014 - 1:33 AM
    Glad your doing great izzy gaves me hope,,, had mine done 2 weeks ago but I had a foot drop to which hasn't improved yet but takes time,,,I was told before surgery it was paralysed due to me having to wait for weeks to have mri scan done,,,had it for 10 weeks now,, hoping he was wrong and it comes back, see him again in 3 weeks see what he says,, just started physio,,back is doing fine get the odd twinges and shooting pains down leg but not much,,, it's my foot were all the problems are,, feels tight constantly and get shooting pains in it also my big toe,, I've numbness in my foot and toe also down side of leg,, on gabapentin and slowly increasing it,,,,been refered to an orthotic to get a splint for my leg ,,,,I can't walk for long before I get pain in foot and hip,, just have todo my best,,,, take care
  • We are glad to read that you are doing so well now. That flare up of post op pain is tough, and most don't expect it so when it hits, it sends all kinds of thoughts flying that the surgery failed, something is wrong.....but a little patience, and sometimes the use of nerve pain medications, and time, are all that are needed to get things back on track.
    I hope you continue to feel good and soon are back to your life mostly as it was before.
    Just remember to protect your spine and keep those strengthening excercises a part of your regular excercise program.