Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Medical Marijuana

Has anyone had relief from medical marijuana?n All the medications I've been prescribed have so many side affects and I'm wondering if MM might be an option. It's getting a lot of publicity and I'm curious if anyone has tried it.

• I'll be legal to try it in a week. I'll. let you know.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,868
    that have talked about this subject. You will find some positive and some negative.
    Just do a search on medical marijuana and you will find the various threads
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • The most important thing to remember is a positive urine test will probably get you discharged from pain management even if you live in a legal state. As Ron says there are loads of threads here. You'll see that my views have changed over time. I've done a lot of research & believe that it holds promise for us. I don't think it's ever going to 'cure' anything for us spineys but it could be a pain management option. I live in Texas & don't think it's going to be legal soon...
    Osteoarthritis & DDD.
  • Hi, I live in Colorado where you can toke all you want........I have had spinal fusion in L4/5 and S1 so I have been dealing with significant pain, Spasms, sleepless nights and the whole shebang! I have noticed the more I walk, swim and fight back the better I am overall after 12 weeks. I use Weed sparingly ( 1 to 2 hits / 4/5 nights a week) but did wait for about 8 weeks before smoking anything. I am NOT a cigarette smoker and am an Avid athlete and Business owner like most of the people I know who toke. It's amazing how many people think that Pot smokers are a bunch of deadbeats. It's actually the contrary as everyone I know who smokes is a Married professional with a successful career and Life as well as accomplished amateur athletes well into their late 40's early 50's and well beyond! .........I would rather smoke a little weed than get addicted to Oxy or kill my Kidneys with Advil or the like. So bottom line is YES it helps you instantly relax which stops the spasms, helps a great deal with the pain, causes euphoria so at least you remember what it feels like and helps you sleep! If you can not tolerate the smoke there are oils, candies and foods that will help you as well! Toke on America! It's better than the Positioned food we are being fed or the Millions of Drugs the Corporations are controlling the Medical system with!!!! It's about time People wake the hell up in these backwater states it's illegal in! "EnglishGirl" IF you Manage your own pain you won't have to worry about the Man knowing what's in you Urine !!!
  • I recently was able to smoke from a vaporizer and it did help my pain a lot and I slept like a log. I live in Indiana so it will never be legal here. I don't smoke but once a year if that. My PM don't care so thats nice he also practices in Illinois were it is soon to be legal.
  • MikethepikeMMikethepike Posts: 244
    edited 01/04/2015 - 5:06 AM
    Didn't help me at all