Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Protruding disk l4-l5 causing cronic sciatica no results on MRI...?

Draper.tDDraper.t Posts: 1
edited 09/25/2014 - 5:32 AM in Chronic Pain
Hi, my name is Thomas Draper and I'm 26 years old. I work construction as a chainsaw operator, heavy equipment operator, truck driver. I used to be a very active person that would stop at nothing to get a job done or would usually walk my pains off. I was on a job-site using a Ram-shot concrete gun and noticed that some of the 22. cal shells have more of a bang... the second day on the job i was using the tool as normal and Ouch!!! I hurt myself.. i laid on the ground for about 15 mins trying to bare the pain and told the guys I'm done for the day. My hour drive home from the job was brutal didn't know what to do. when i did get home my sister is a PSW and had to look at my back. she said you better go to the hospital you have a huge bulge up the right side of your back. when i got to the hospital the told me it was back strain and gave me meds told me to see physio. I have had a CT scan showing a protruding disk at the L4-L5 touching an L4 nerve root. Then I had an MRI and showed Nothing..? everything looked good....??? I was lost from there. I thought the MRI showed it all.? The PT after 2.5 mths had stopped our visits because it seemed to irritate me and make me worse. I am so confused. It doesn't matter what kind of a schedule i try to make, the shooting pains are in my both my butt cheeks and radiates down both of my legs to my feet sometimes at the same time when Im active. if i sit i a hard chair ill sometimes get a really bad charlie horse or numbness. my EDITED hurts all the time i find the best is to stand and sometimes walk until i get so exhausted i usually lay down and fall asleep. the meds don't help. I have a 4 year old daughter and a 1 year old lil guy, my career was at its peak. Im not sure what my next move is on this situation. I understand that i have to get back to work to stay supportive but its not getting any better. everyday i take 300mg gabapentin 3x day, 500mg naproxin 2x day, Tylenol #3 up-to 6 a day. I get pill sick everyday. To be honest the best for my pain is to smoke Marijuana. I am very responsible when it comes to my kids. the pills are no better. I haven't touched a drop of alcohol since Aug 2011.All i want is this pain to be gone so i can continue my awesome job. Its hard to do anything when u feel like crap and look like it too. I really need help, want the medication gone and my life back!