Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hi everyone....I finally made it!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:18 AM in New Member Introductions
:) Hi. After a few emails and a lot of help from Ron. I was finally able to make the transition over.

My name is Anna I am a special education teacher, I have an Autisic K-2 class. I live in New Jersey, at the shore. I am married and have three boys: 19, 16 and 6, my 22 year old step son also lives with us. So I am very much the minority at home. They are all very supportive and helpful. Even going into my 7th week of recovery, they continue to be understanding of how I feel.

My medical history is all in my signiture. I am currently recovering from a L5-S1 spinal fusion. I have my ups and downs, but mostly try to keep a positive outlook. I have graduated from my wheeled walker to a cane. I do bring the walker along if I think we will be out for too long. I have used to motorized carts at the grocery stores, they are kinda fun! }:)

I am glad to be back with everyone....it seems I will be reading a lot tonight!

• :) hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. you have certainly been going through alot lately. i hope your recovery continues to progress smoothly. when you are awake at night the forum can be a good place to go! good luck and keep us posted on your recovery. Jenny :)
  • Jenny,
    Thank you for the welcoming. I have used this site as a crutch to get through the past several months. And your right, this is a great place to be in the middle of the night....there is always someone here!
    Anna ;)
  • bubblegum,
    what's life without a little excitement? }:)
    See ya around the board!
  • Hi Anna,

Glad you hear about your story. I know you posted in detail on my thread, thank you. What exit in Jersey? I grew up there, we used to go to point pleasant all the time. I left Jersey in '95.

It's really nice to see you have a good support system after going through your recent surgery. I hope you enjoy starting PT. I know personally it gave me a lot more endurance and I started to get addicted to it. Now I continue at home.

Good luck and we'll be here for you. See you around the forum... xoxo Pebbs
  • Anna

Nice to hear your story and happy you have such a great family! I think that makes all the difference!

Hope your recovery continues to go well.

Take care~
This discussion has been closed.