Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Recovery after L5-S1 endoscopic discetomy

Hi Everbody,

I had L5-S1 since 2011 because of GYM and felt Weakness and numbness in the left hip & leg, I visited many doctors & tried many medicines & injections but all were useless so I decided to do an endoscopic discetomy last February, Surgery successes and Doctor told me to start physical therapy after 6 weeks, after surgery all pain gone, After 15 days pain came back but better than before the surgery, I visited the doctor, He said that nerves are relieving and it will take time, Something like nerves renewing..!!!

After 3 mons of surgery & while I'm doing physical therapy, I felt like the pain goes and comes back, In addition the pain is changed in each period, I don't know why ?!!

My last visit to doctor, Clinical examination was good, I asked him to do MRI to check my situation, he said MRI result will not be clear in this time, so better to do it after 5 months ( a year after the operation ).

I feel like 50 % of nerve pain in my left leg for last two weeks, I don't know how to describe it exactly :(

I thought I will be fine after 3 mons of surgey..!!!

how long does it take for recovery ?
when should I do the MRI after the operation ?

Sorry for the prolongation, but sciatica change the color of sky from blue to gray