Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hi everyone

tonyttony Posts: 28
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:18 AM in New Member Introductions
To those of you who know me, its all the same, to those that dont know me, im Tony. The quiet shy one who sits back and reads and chimes in when i have something to say.My story began in 2000 with a auto accident.. girl rear-ended me at 50 mph and took off; i chased her down and caught and held her at bay until the cops showed up and made a police report. Had my 1st spine surgery( laminectomy at L5-S1) a year after accident. Was fine until 2004; driving down road and minding my own business, when a girl pulled right in front of me and head on crashed into her at 45 mph; had great back pain and had my 2nd back surgery( laminectomy at L5-S1) because of herniated and extruded disc about 6 months after that accident. Had my first fusion L5-S1 after 3 years of agonizing pain and discomfort in 2007; did fine for about the first 3 months and started to worse pain than i did before i had the surgery. I dealt with for about 3 more months, and finally went to a different surgeon. Had the usual tests and found out that my first fusion had failed; elected to have my 2nd fusion (L4-S1) in May of 2008; so that is where i am at right now; recouping from yet another surgery; I have a great wife to whom i have been married to for 9 years now; 2 cats( Tigger and Lil'Bit) and a great family support unit. Live in Michigan all of my life; hate the winters and cant stand the summers... thats it for me for now...

• Hi Tony,
    Nice to meet you! I am recovering from a 360 fusion done May 12th. Hope your recovery goes well!

• :) hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i hope this surgery is so successful and your recovery is moving along. please be sure and follow the doctor's orders! good luck and keep us posted! Jenny :)
  • Hi Tony!

It seems like there's more and more of us accident people popping up on the forum. Folks just don't drive well anymore.

Have fun here and join in! There's a great group and wonderful support when you need it. We're looking forward to more of your posts.

• Tony, There you are, I missed you so much. Was thinking about you the other day and wondering how you are doing?

Did you get on any nerve meds yet? How are you feeling?

Keep me posted, I think you are an awesome person and I don't want you too loose your good spirit.

This discussion has been closed.