Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

4 years post Pro Disc C - Problems

I am in the UK and am having ongoing problems with my neck prior and post surgery. I had a Pro Disc C C5/6 in 2010. For the first year there was a decrease in my pain symptoms, now they are back with a vengeance. I am seeing a new spine doc and he is sending me for CT scan and also MRI to see what is going on (or hoping to). I went to see him and he said that the plain radiographs of my neck show that the prosthesis is eccentrically placed, although he didn't tell me this at the time, have just received a letter from the hospital with outcome of the appointment etc. I have been having epidural injections into my C spine, but these have not helped either. I work full-time, but the pain is now really bad and is incessant. I have to take pain meds each day, but with working can't take meds that are too strong. I have previously been diagnosed with cervical spondylosis and before I had the disc replacement the results of my last MRI scan showed C5/6 subluxation with cord abutment and deformity and particularly left sided foraminal narrowing. C6/7 disc degeneration with foraminal narrowing. Another thing that was reported was that there was a also a degree of cerebellar tonsillar herniation. What does this mean? Would be really grateful for some further help. Thanks.