Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Cervical ADR one Level this Wednesday

I am scheduled for c 5-6 ADR surgery in 2 days - I am so very nervous - can anyone that has had this surgery please tell me about the pain after surgery, recovery etc. I want to be prepared - I so appreciate anyones response.

• I had a two level fusion 12 days ago. When I awoke from the surgery all my pre op pain was gone and I was in no post op pain. The over night in the hospital was fine. I didn't sleep well, but that was probably due to the anesthesia wearing off. I am in NY, so as needed pain medications have to be asked for. However, being a nurse myself, I asked each new nurse at shift change if she would please write my pain medications and the times they were last given on the white board on the wall, so that I could keep track. That way I had a visual to remind me. It also, for some reason or another, made me never have to ask as they would stop in and ask me if I needed anything for pain! My throat was sore when I swallowed. Not too terribly, but it felt like I had phlegm stuck when I swallowed. I did not have a collar and was encouraged to make soft, slow movements. All fine, but what I hated was the bed alarm! Apparently they took the don't get up without a nurse rule to the extreme and installed bed alarms! I made sure that my discharge was after a dose of pain medication and muscle relaxer, and home I went. First night was tough as it was hard to find a comfortable position to sleep. We had purchased an electric recliner and a bed assist rail prior to surgery, so I pretty much moved between the bed, the recliner, and then the couch every couple of hours. Got stuck in the couch, but that is another story. Each night has gotten much better and I am guilty to inform you that I slept until 1p today! Will be setting the alarm tomorrow! So, there is a very bright light at the end of all of this,
  • Exactly the same experience as Maregold! I am 6 weeks post op and back to work - a desk job - which has it's problems if you don't get up and walk about every now and then - and you wouldn't really know I had had anything done!! x