Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Degenerative Disc disease

22 year old woman ready to give up on life. Fed up with living every single day, hour, minute, second of my life for the last 13 years in absolute agony. Need to talk to someone in the same situation. Would be highly appreciated as feeling like I'm so alone in what I'm going through.

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,865
    Degenerative Disc Disease is still the most misunderstood of all spinal alignments. First, the words Degenerative and Disease do not sound that good.

DDD inn reality is the aging of our spines. Many people will start to show some signs of this by the time they are in the late 20's. Others may show it earlier because of trauma, previous surgeries, or genetic conditions.

Please take a look at Degenerative Disc Disease

You will find scores of people here that are suffering and living with DDD
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • mitsmmits Posts: 3
    edited 09/24/2014 - 4:56 AM
    I have DDD but since strength training, I no longer see it as a disease. The muscles surrounding your spine should be doing most of the work. When these muscles are not engaged or have shrunk due to injury or surgery the spine then takes the load causing you pain.

Have you tried starting with the superman exercise which is also known as the dog exercise where you get on all fours? This is great to start developing initial muscle activation in your spine as it wakes up the multifudus....

Would be interested to hear if you are able to do this and what effect it has?

Please keep in mind, what works for one patient my be harmful to another. Its always good to hear what others have tried, but before you try it on yourself, contact your doctor

A former back pain sufferer. Suffered for nearly 3 years. Now fully fit and stronger than ever based on self education. Want to help others where possible...
  • Ashliee. I've answered your other post. I'm here if you want to chat. I know what it's like not to have 'normal' or 'aging' degenerative disc disease. Being stuck in a wheelchair for such a huge portion of your life must of been so hard! Things can get better, at least emotionally if not physically but that's half the battle isn't it? I'm glad you've found us! ;-)
    Osteoarthritis & DDD.