Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

We need your help

Every month Spine-Health increases the number of new members that sign up. We always welcome the amount of new members and only hope we can continue to create that environment so that they feel safe to be here, that they can post without worrying that they did ir wrong or right and a whole set of conditions for any new member.

We have been so fortunate that the existing member community takes on these new members under their wings and provide them with guidance on what to expect.

Believe me, this takes a big burden off of our shoulders. One of Spine-Health's objectives is to provide a safe environment in which all new members can seek information and get answers to so many of their problems.

Its not always as easy as that. Unfortunately, there are some new members (or even some seasoned members) that take that time to create havoc and problems for everyone. Not reading the forum rules or worse yet, reading all the forum rules and piece by piece try to rip them apart, testing each one of them

I think what comes to mind as the hardest to deal with is new members providing medical advice to others. People who have been here a while, sat back and watched how things worked, never offer medical advice. They understand just how dangerous that it. They realize that by providing medical advice they could very easily be sealing the fate of another member and be somewhat responsible for that members downfall. That cant Happen Can it? Yes it does happen, way too often.

That is why will see tat members of my moderator team editing threads/post, removing an entire post and/or sending that member a private message with a warning on how they just violated forum rules.

Trust me, my team would much rather spend the time helping new members, identifying paths, showing which threads to read, telling them about search, posting formal Spine-Health articles. That in itself takes time, but if we have to deal with members violations of rules, that takes time , valuable time away from other members.

We need your help with all of this. We cant monitor every thread/post to validate it and determine if it needs to be edited.

fFor example, when we spot something that does not seem correct (ie Spammer, member providing medical advice, member violated forum rules, etc, this is what we need to go through.

• - Monitor the event
    - Pull all references to it, before or after
    - Determine who long the member has been involved with Spine-Health
    - Check and validate their IP addresses against the known IP Black lists
    - Copying/Editing/Deleting/Removing the suspect piece of information
    - Executing the Removing of the comment, potential disabling of the IP Address, Member name, Member email address
    - Verifying that all thread/posts continuity is intact after such action
Theses are only some of the activities that take place. But just based on the above scenario, it would take about 40 minutes beginning to end. Thats a lot of time we could be spending helping others .

That is why I am asking other members to help us.. Point out problems like this. Identify people who try to give medical advice and they do it because they 'only are trying to help

I know that my moderator team is fair and just. But they can only do what they can do within given time periods. Like you, my moderator team as well as myself are chronic pain patients. We deal with so many of the things all of you deal with.

Help us to Help you
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,839
    edited 09/26/2014 - 7:10 PM
    posts and messages from various members that do want to do everything they can to help and want to be told if they are doing anything wrong.

My moderator team was not put in place to act as a police force on the forum. Instead we are here to help......

That we try to do.... And if we are not doing that, please let me know
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com