Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Rehab and drugs

jerseypipedreamsjjerseypipedreams Posts: 90
edited 09/25/2014 - 4:02 AM in Pain Management
Ok so this is really messed up. My fiancé found herself a EDITED friend who became very jellous of me and so she called child protection services making false allegations against me to get me out of the picture. Well now they want me to go to rehab for small amounts of cannabis sativa I use instead of the oxycodone and morphine the doctors had me on that was making things worst. So I went to check this place out and they told me and I quote "if you want this to end you need to stop using pot and start taking oxycodone and whatever else doctors prescribe you to reduce your pain" ....... Yeah...... Rehab told me START taking heroin instead of cannabis. I have never heard this kind of ignorant statement before. Is this a conflict of interest I may be able to fight against seeing the people that treat addiction are asking me to start a drug that is even more addicting and even deadly than what I am currently taking. I tried to explain I have tried this before and the results were disastrous but they didn't care. They said it was illegal and I need to start taking pills instead just for the legality of it. And on top of that they want me to go to group twice a week for 3 hours over a course of 12 weeks, I cannot sit for more than 30 minutes at a time. I asked them what accomadtions can you make for the disabled. They looked at me like I had an arm growing out of my forehead, is this a normal thing for here kind of places to do? The ignorance I experienced staggers me and am not sure how to approach the situation since basic reasoning and scientific evidence means absolutely nothing to these people. Anyone have any input? Anything would be appreciated. I've asked nurses, pharmaceutical formulators and analytical chemists and even people that have been to rehab about this and they all said this is redicoulous. Especially with how oxycodone is destroying the region of New Jersey I am residing in currently.

• for any reason. While I understand your frustration, legally prescribed pain medications are not the same as using street drugs.
    If your doctor has not prescribed the use of canabis oils for your treatment, then the rehab facility is correct in stating that you should be taking legally prescribed medications. If you have a medical marijuana card, and your doctors are aware of and approve the use of canabis oils or smoking of marijuana in your case, then the medical documentation is in place.......if not, and you are using it on your own, it can interfere with your fight to see your children.
  • jerseypipedreamsjjerseypipedreams Posts: 90
    edited 09/25/2014 - 3:55 AM
    Unfortunately the medical cannabis doctor I was seeing dropped my insurance before I could develope what is called "a bonfiied relationship" and to keep seeing him would cost 730$ a month. EDITED To trade a drug that does not need continuous ladder of stronger dosage for one that has taken this country and the world in what is known as an "epidemic" is obsurd. But I am also finding hard to believe that nobody that is disabled needs rehab. Because when I mention if the facility does in fact make occomadations they really don't know how to respond. Like oh well. Deal with it. Like I don't have to deal with this pain everyday I now have to be put in an uncomfortable chair around all these people with no self control. I concider coffe and butter to be more dangerous than the medicine I am taking. But all in all these people don't seem to understand people in constant pain day in and day out will choose to do what works best to get them through life and to hell with anyone who says otherwise, they don't live out the rest of there days in pain. We do!

Post edited for inappropriate comments. The moderator team reserves the right to edit any post

• sandisandi Posts: 6,342
    edited 09/25/2014 - 4:03 AM
    and a doctor prescribing it to you, then you are in fact, using it illegally and therefore, CPS or DYFS can interfere with you seeing your children. No matter what justifications you make, if you are using substances that are illegal, without being seen by a doctor who is providing prescriptions or approval for those substances, you are left with two choices, talk to your pm doctor about other medications if you don't like the oxycodone and change it to another medication , or don't. But if you continue to use marijuana, despite knowing that DYFS is telling you that you can not while seeing your children, you are putting your contact with your children at risk.
  • If you were just here needing to rant I'm sure there are some who would agree with you. I've investigated marijuana & think it does have tremendous potential in pain management. As a Mum I have to see your number 1. priority as your kids. A lot of things going on in your life seem very unfair but sometimes we have to 'jump through hoops' to get what we want. The law is the law. Please, share & rant & scream whatever you need to do here but just follow the law until your life is sorted out.
    Osteoarthritis & DDD.