Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

post op 6/13/08 c6-7 ACDF

cookietoddccookietodd Posts: 36
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:18 AM in New Member Introductions
I utilized the old spine health and it was a great benefit. Just want everyone to know that the NS said as he was doing the surgery my l arm/nerve was so irrritated it kept jumping off the table. I feel so much better today. Last week was the pits it felt like I had swallowed a golf ball.And had diff. with the pain med and muscle relaxers but that has subsided and I am eating ok. small portions but it is staying down. Pain has decreased dramaticaly. Just taking occas hydrocodone and soma now. no collar since 1st post op day.In hosp. 2 days . Glad to be on the other side. For me this was the best thing I could have done. the severe arm and shoulderblade pain really 10+ is a 4-5.

• I messed up and it should be cookietodd How do I fix it?
  • This site help tremendously, I was scared a first and everyone gathered around and the pain certainly continued and you just have to think it will get better. I know some unfortunately do not have success but I think attitude and prayers!!!helps too!
  • Welcome back to both the board and the "other side" of surgery! I'm so glad that you feel positive about your outcome; it makes a huge difference in your recovery. Keep following doc's orders and eat as well as you can. Your healing body needs the proper fuel!

Keep us up to date on your progress, it's always good to hear good news.

• Today I helped a little with cleaning and did no lifting of furniture, that was hard because I am a doer, I wanted to really help move my son . He is a University student at OU. I think I might take some pain med and muscle relaxer tonight before bed and pray I don't feel sore tomorrow. I'm hoping to go to church for the first time since surg.

We move our daughter into another new condo in Ark later this week.
    Busy time than its the $th of July week end events and I am excited to be feeling better!
  • Thanks so much for the welcome its great to have an extended support system here!
  • Hello Cookie,
    It's great to have this positive attitude but please be very careful you're still early in recovery.. You don't want to pay for things you shouldn't be doing now. Please be careful and let someone else help with the moving for your kids. I know it's hard and you want to help them. Hope your meds will help you tonight and please rest and ice ice ice...

Wishing you speedy recovery...

Lotus :)

• yes the meds did help Unfortunately my sons roommates made it look like an animal house!!! I did not lift heavy things the repetative motion of the spot bissell did do me in though after two days all was clean except for one boys room, who hopefully will take charge of it. Idid notify mom. He is having some problems, remember being young and adjusting to being on your own . We all learn different ways! Move Katie daughter it will be a breeze into a new condothis Wed.. It's just wonderful to think of something other than pain. Happy to see my family and friends again. My husband says its been quiet for so long that he is just amazed all the talking I am doing. I said its great to feel like being PART of life instead of it going around you. If I can help anyone let me know please.
  • :? Hey everyone I had surg. 6/13/08 and I have done well, I am decreasing my BP meds bewcause my pain level is decreasing per cardiologist,Yea!!! But as I am reading and resting I hear this crunching noise at the very base of my neck is this the fusing happening??? ACDF C6-7 with instrumentation.
  • Hello Cookie,

It's so great to hear that you're doing so well and you're decreasing your BP meds too. You're still early in recovery I really don't think it's fusion the crunching you're hearing. Fusion has no signs and the only way to find out is after having x-rays. Rest and take it easy..
    Best wishes and speedy recovery to you..

lotus :)