Hubby has spinal stenosis of the lumbar region. The doctor we saw yesterday for a second opinion confirmed what the first doctor said of spinal stenosis...he just added the word "Congenital" to it all. We would like to know what his options are since it is supposedly "congenital". We were told fusion L2-L5 is what he needs. He would really like to put off on the surgery but we don't know if that's the best route to take or not. Which is worse? Surgery? Or Delay??
He has been treated for several months by a chiropractor...and just read that's not good in another new member intro. But can't change that now. When it wasn't helping I told them we were going to see a doctor as to what was really going on with his back and the chiro office wrote us an MRI script and we got that done and subsequently have seen 2 surgeons.
He is managing pain on his own without being on a prescription, although he's taking OTC meds. Numbness and such in his legs. Foot drop on the R occurs occasionally but not all the time.
Looking for options to share with hubby...thanks!