Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

7 days post surgery MD l5-S1

Had MD in l5/s1 7days ago
I had a Md in my l5/s1 7days ago...I stayed at hospital 1 night and since I got home 2 st days I only took 4 Tylenol 650mg.
Past 4days nothing...but I m feeling the leave at my leg in different parts( like sciantia) not as painful at all but if I walk or stand I may feel it.. Sometimes not. It changes the place on my leg or feet,,,
Is that normal?
I m even scared the surgery was unsuggesful.

I herniated my back about 4moths ago in a bikram yoga. I m 34y old in excellent shape and former professional ballet dancer.
this whole back issue has been one of the most scariest things and I feel with you all..

I have 3 kids and 2 of them only 3y and another 15moths so I been relaying mostly of my mom.
I have not been able to drive a car past 3moth or do much..
I always walked normal but the pain was terrible and woke me up at nights every 3rd hours. And at the end I could not keep trying to heal myself with all possible methods and went to see a neurosurgeon.

Now since I still feel my nerve I m wondering if this is normal or if I need a new surgery??
36y old female, s1-L5 micro discetomy 18th of September 2014

• Post op MD 1 week ago l5-S1
    I m feeling like a handicapped past 4moths and I don't know how I can't ever dance or do smallest thing I loved ever at 34y..
    Plus I just a reading with one reader who saw me reherniting my back again in 6moths so now I m like why I did that reading..
    I want to go to at least gym and do sit ups and be flexible.. . I guess all that gone. Ok I hope I can sit and drive a car with no pain soon...

Do most people reherniate or what are this sad stori es or 4surgeries,,
    None of the people I know personally have not have a new surgery yet in 5 or more years..
    Ok my 24y old brother had some relapse but did not needed a new surgery..
    Please tell how you all doing?
    36y old female, s1-L5 micro discetomy 18th of September 2014
  • Nerve pain flare ups are common post op. If the nerve was impinged prior to surgery, then it is decompressed during the surgery, it takes a little time for the nerve to recover.
    You should NOT be picking up your children, nor doing bending, lifting or twisting motions until your surgeon clears you to do so.
    The only things you should be doing is walking, and resting, to give your back and disc time to heal and scar over so that you don't reherniate.
    Surgery isn't an instant cure for nerve related pain......in fact, it isn't an instant cure for mechanical pain either......surgery is done to fix a problem in the spine, but your body has to heal and recover. The tissues need to recover from the trauma of the surgery, and that takes time.

www.spine-health.com/treatment/...surgery/postoperative-care-lumbar- microdiscectomy-surgery